Software Engineer (backend, data mining, algorithms)
Botify is the premiere technical SEO platform for enterprise companies. Built by SEOs for SEOs, our platform automates insights by combining crawl data, log file analysis, and analytics.
We continually innovate so our clients can optimize the way a site is crawled, manage the pages that are indexed, and maximize rankings and traffic. With unmatched visibility, Botify transforms the approach to technical SEO.
Founded in 2012, Botify has quickly grown to serve global, enterprise clients across industries and now has offices in New York, Paris and London. We work with 400+ customers spanning 30 countries including Expedia, Refinery29, and iProspect.
Botify is backed by top VC firms Idinvest and Ventech, which invested $7.2 Million in Series A funding early in 2016. A primary focus for the company is to accelerate growth internationally by continuing to hire top talent globally.
You are a backend and data enthusiast. You add new features to the product and build them, from design to deployment: detailed conception, algorithm design, development, unit tests, performance optimization, developer documentation. Development takes place in short cycles with regular staging and production deployments as the product evolves.
As the whole technical team also does, you participate in customer support, by fixing analysis data, should it fail.
We work in a non-formal Agile mode with 2-week sprints during which the team shares ongoing topics and makes cross code reviews.
Some recent achievements of the team:
- Internal Page Rank Algorithm
- HTML code extraction from crawled pages
- Detection of redirection tunnels within a site
- Similarity rate between pages
- Algorithmic optimizations to increase the number of analyzed pages
- You have development experience in at least a language (for example C, C++, Java, Python, Go). You are language agnostic and ready to suggest or learn new languages to optimize algorithms depending on the context.
- You are interested in performance analysis (CPU, I/O, memory, application profiling).
- You are interested in Big Data and Cloud infrastructures and have some knowledge in at least one technology used in our current backend stack: AWS/SWF and Celery workflows, AWS/S3 storage, ElasticSearch, Redis and PostgreSQL.
- You have a very good knowledge of the Linux OS.
- You are familiar with Git.
- Your technical approach is a nice mix of pragmatism (MVP, KISS) and thoroughness (DRY, tests FIRST). You prefer iterative development and continuous refactoring, you hate tunnel work.
Our team is customer-centric, innovative, collaborative and ambitious.
By joining Botify you will become part of a driven, diverse group of top talent. Our people are passionate about the business we are building and enthusiastic about the role they play in it.
With Botify, you will have the opportunity to directly impact company performance and be a part of a dynamic, exciting startup environment.
As a Botify-er, you will benefit from numerous perks including a great work environment, competitive salary, flexible vacation policy, and global career advancement opportunities.
If you’re the right person for the position, or you want to hear more about opportunities to work at Botify, send us your resume, work samples, or anything that can help us understand your skills, and let us know why you should join our growing team.